LionHeart Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LionHeart Guild

Guild Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tank Guide and Tips!

+2
Meatlocker
xx23
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Tank Guide and Tips! Empty Tank Guide and Tips! Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:15 am

xx23

xx23

If you guys want tips and guides on how to tank any dungeon feel free to ask! I done all and know what to do!

******Starting Guide******

Aggro
- You must be the puller so you can gain initial aggro and not have to chase down mobs. The mage can still lay his ice and damage his mob after your pull. And there is no other reason for another person to be pulling, except perhaps the occasional ranger that wants to MC a mob while pulling. Bring the mobs towards the mage as much as possible. "Swift Strike" and "Shield slap" are your best friends for highest threat! Make sure you switch target for swift strike to make sure you hit all the mobs one after the other when the pull is over 3 mobs! This way you keep aggro on all mobs. When you 1st pull "swift stirke" the mobs. Then when you got all of them together I use "Pounding Blow" to make sure they all stick to me in a smaller distance! Then Swift strike again and again!

Potions - Keep healing pots all the time, incase healer has a hard time keeping you up! And Yes MANA pots brings your morale up!! Very important to have, especially when you are using Gstance. You don't heal morale as much!

Skills - Here's a few skill that are necessary! "Guardian Stance", "Alerting Shout", "Shield Slap", and of course "Swift Strike and Pounding Blow"

I will keep updating with more info!

Last edited by BigGreenBudz on Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:29 am; edited 4 times in total

2Tank Guide and Tips! Empty Re: Tank Guide and Tips! Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:04 pm

Meatlocker

Meatlocker

On my tank I use a hybrid setup, I think it's 30 battle and 26 guard. I have up to guardian stance on guard side and then up to vortex blade on battle, I like to use 2h on all mobs and I only use shield and 1 hand weapon on bosses for shield slap.
I'm at work right now, but I can get into this a little bit later if anyone has questions Wink

3Tank Guide and Tips! Empty Re: Tank Guide and Tips! Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:10 pm

Meatlocker

Meatlocker

Haha sorry budz, I didn't mean to steal your thunder. I just kind of went on a rant about tanks lol

4Tank Guide and Tips! Empty Re: Tank Guide and Tips! Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:21 pm

xx23

xx23

I put everything in first post! To keep things easy to see!

Last edited by BigGreenBudz on Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:44 pm; edited 2 times in total

5Tank Guide and Tips! Empty Re: Tank Guide and Tips! Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:23 pm

xx23

xx23

Meatlocker wrote:Haha sorry budz, I didn't mean to steal your thunder. I just kind of went on a rant about tanks lol

No problem man! As for me my build is pure tanking! only 13 points in Battle tree!

- 3 in Cleave
- 2 in Ruthless
- 3 in Fence
- 5 in Warpath

6Tank Guide and Tips! Empty Re: Tank Guide and Tips! Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:39 pm

Meatlocker

Meatlocker

BigGreenBudz wrote:
Meatlocker wrote:Haha sorry budz, I didn't mean to steal your thunder. I just kind of went on a rant about tanks lol

No problem man! As for me my build is pure tanking! only 13 points in Battle tree!

- 3 in Cleave
- 2 in Ruthless
- 3 in Fence
- 5 in Warpath

That was my exact same build from a few days ago, I switched to a hybrid tank for the dps, I have tanked a few RKL runs and didn't have any problems, I was able to use a 2 hander and 2 dps rune gear items vs first boss, shiled and defence gear vs 2nd boss, and I did shield and 2 dps rune gear vs third boss. I feel like both of our builds work very well, I simply switched because I am use to my Mage, so when I started playing my tank again I wanted to do more dps haha

7Tank Guide and Tips! Empty Re: Tank Guide and Tips! Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:27 pm

xx23

xx23

Meatlocker wrote:
BigGreenBudz wrote:

- 3 in Cleave
- 2 in Ruthless
- 3 in Fence
- 5 in Warpath

That was my exact same build from a few days ago, I switched to a hybrid tank for the dps, I have tanked a few RKL runs and didn't have any problems, I was able to use a 2 hander and 2 dps rune gear items vs first boss, shiled and defence gear vs 2nd boss, and I did shield and 2 dps rune gear vs third boss. I feel like both of our builds work very well, I simply switched because I am use to my Mage, so when I started playing my tank again I wanted to do more dps haha

Cool, I'd have to try that!

8Tank Guide and Tips! Empty Re: Tank Guide and Tips! Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:37 pm

Mist

Mist

very nice job Very Happy

9Tank Guide and Tips! Empty Re: Tank Guide and Tips! Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:39 pm

Mist

Mist

Oh, and since u guys are going hybrid, sonic slash and thunder shout are good options too. Just my two cents Very Happy

10Tank Guide and Tips! Empty Re: Tank Guide and Tips! Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:54 pm

Xelia

BigGreenBudz wrote:******Starting Guide******

Potions - Keep healing pots all the time, incase healer has a hard time keeping you up! And Yes MANA pots brings your morale up!! Very important to have, especially when you are using Gstance. You don't heal morale as much!

I will keep updating with more info!

Agreed! So true, at time when the Tank's health is going fast when fighting multiple mobs, I don't bother ring of health. I just rapid heal the tank only just to keep up! Occasionally use ring when the other team members health are low. When all else fails, I use pray and hope it will last till all mobs are killed by the time pray is finished. Yes, bring pots to dungeon is a must to get out of sticky situations, also if the monks die! Shocked

11Tank Guide and Tips! Empty Re: Tank Guide and Tips! Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:33 am

Meatlocker

Meatlocker

Mist wrote:Oh, and since u guys are going hybrid, sonic slash and thunder shout are good options too. Just my two cents Very Happy

Yup I got both Wink I'm loving hybrid

12Tank Guide and Tips! Empty Re: Tank Guide and Tips! Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:11 am

Tsa

Tsa

Appreciate the imput...as a warrior just starting, but coming up fast I love the insight to builds. I'll probably be changing mine soon...hybrid...but mostly tank.

13Tank Guide and Tips! Empty Re: Tank Guide and Tips! Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:06 am

Meatlocker

Meatlocker

Tsa wrote:Appreciate the imput...as a warrior just starting, but coming up fast I love the insight to builds. I'll probably be changing mine soon...hybrid...but mostly tank.

It really depends on your play style. I, personally, love dps classes. My tank was my first toon I ever made. He was full Gardian and it worked great for me. He got put on the back burner as I leveled my other characters to 60. So 2 weeks ago when I finally decided to start playing him more I realized how piss poor a full guardians dps is. Coming from playing a Mage and assassin it was kind of a shock because I totally forgot what damage my tank was doing lol. So I decided to respec and go for a hybrid build. I do a lot more dps and can still tank well so I'm happy. But honestly it comes down to how you play. What I normally do is check the O&C forums and for builds, a lot of the real "pro" players post their builds and break everything down statistically. What I do is look at those builds for ideas, find a build, and use it as a rough draft kind of, I take out things I don't want and add things that fit my play style. As a tank you should check out some of "colbys" builds on the offical forum, he is a great tank and provides a lot of information. But let's face it, he is very good at tanking, "pro" you might say. So everything that he does will probably not work for you and I. But it's a good foundation to build your own custom build. I hope this helps you out, if you have any questions though please feel free to ask, I am not a pro tank but I know enough to tell you that you should not tank while duel weilding 2 weapons lol ;p

14Tank Guide and Tips! Empty Re: Tank Guide and Tips! Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:06 pm

Tsa

Tsa

tried searching for colby's...nothing in stone...only found a few posts. do you know of a true dedicated site for him? i want to see his actual build..hard searching on iphone as i play on ipad...lol

so...here are some definites, but full points in each of these:

Skills - Here's a few skill that are necessary! "Guardian Stance", "Alerting Shout", "Counter Stance", "Shield Slap", and of course "Swift Strike and Pounding Blow"

can you guys concur that i should definitely have these? full points? any others i should def have and/or full points? only trying to be the best when i get to dungeons.

thanks!

15Tank Guide and Tips! Empty Re: Tank Guide and Tips! Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:25 pm

Tsa

Tsa

Tsa wrote:tried searching for colby's...nothing in stone...only found a few posts. do you know of a true dedicated site for him? i want to see his actual build..hard searching on iphone as i play on ipad...lol

Skills - Here's a few skill that are necessary! "Guardian Stance", "Alerting Shout", "Counter Stance", "Shield Slap", and of course "Swift Strike and Pounding Blow"

can you guys concur that i should definitely have these? full points? any others i should def have and/or full points? only trying to be the best when i get to dungeons.

thanks!

oh and what are some definite..."dont waste your money" or "just a get a point or two in that field"?

16Tank Guide and Tips! Empty Re: Tank Guide and Tips! Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:35 pm

Meatlocker

Meatlocker

Tsa wrote:tried searching for colby's...nothing in stone...only found a few posts. do you know of a true dedicated site for him? i want to see his actual build..hard searching on iphone as i play on ipad...lol

thanks!

This is the offical game forum http://onlinegames-forum.gameloft.com
Search "colby" and all of his posts should pop up, or go to class and race page and a lot of his posts are in there

http://www.orderandchaos.butt3rs.com/Warrior/index.html?class=Warrior&talents=13531510005100004100003113125310011030010000

This is one of colbys builds that I changed around a little. This is the basic frame of my build, I didn't have to change much with this one. Biggest change I made was taking out Ankle slash and throwin the point else where.

17Tank Guide and Tips! Empty Re: Tank Guide and Tips! Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:05 pm

xx23

xx23

Meatlocker wrote:

http://www.orderandchaos.butt3rs.com/Warrior/index.html?class=Warrior&talents=13531510005100004100003113125310011030010000

This is one of colbys builds that I changed around a little. This is the basic frame of my build, I didn't have to change much with this one. Biggest change I made was taking out Ankle slash and throwin the point else where.

I thought Vigor was a must when tanking?! I couldn't find any post on this!

18Tank Guide and Tips! Empty Re: Tank Guide and Tips! Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:39 pm

Meatlocker

Meatlocker

BigGreenBudz wrote:
Meatlocker wrote:

I thought Vigor was a must when tanking?! I couldn't find any post on this!

Its not a must, its optional in my mind. I think maxed out vigor gives 16%, if thats correct then think of it this way. A monk heals you for let's say 1,000 (that a low heal but I suck at math) with full Vigor you would add 160 health to you, more realistic is a 2,000 heal, so even with a 2,000 heal your only gaining 320 health. Basic rune geared tanks have 6,000 plus health and most of the time, if the healer is decent, you have close to full health anyways.

19Tank Guide and Tips! Empty Re: Tank Guide and Tips! Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:19 pm

Meatlocker

Meatlocker

Here is another good paw for you tsa. Kinda of some basic information and ideas

http://onlinegames-forum.gameloft.com/index.php?topic=38843.0

20Tank Guide and Tips! Empty Re: Tank Guide and Tips! Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:59 pm

Lord_Trifect

Lord_Trifect

counter stance and alerting shout?!?!?!? LOL I've never had them and i successfully do all dungeons >_> alerting shout is for pvp and counter stance isnt really that useful....i just ankle slash then pounding glow, and if mage dies while fighting a group get archer to cease attck and thunder shout, then monk can rez while all mobs are failing their heads in confusion

21Tank Guide and Tips! Empty Re: Tank Guide and Tips! Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:21 pm

Meatlocker

Meatlocker

Lord_Trifect wrote:counter stance and alerting shout?!?!?!? LOL I've never had them and i successfully do all dungeons >_> alerting shout is for pvp and counter stance isnt really that useful....i just ankle slash then pounding glow, and if mage dies while fighting a group get archer to cease attck and thunder shout, then monk can rez while all mobs are failing their heads in confusion

Agreed, I never used counter stance even when I did have it. I like to use alerting some times in dungeons, but rarely. Lol I ran in a Pug group the other day and the warrior alternated counter and gauard stance, I quit that team right after seeing that lol as far as ankle slash goes, I personally see it as a wasted point, I know a lot of ppl that use it, but it just isn't my style

22Tank Guide and Tips! Empty Re: Tank Guide and Tips! Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:23 pm

Lord_Trifect

Lord_Trifect

it's damage is lets say, crap but it help to gain aggro of all the mobs...never in pvp though nnnno point...thuinder shout is ruler of pvp lol

23Tank Guide and Tips! Empty Re: Tank Guide and Tips! Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:31 pm

Meatlocker

Meatlocker

Yeah, the only Time I ever had ankle slash + upgrade was to slow rangers down in pvp lol but to each hi own. Btw how did the topic of counter and alerting come up lol

24Tank Guide and Tips! Empty Re: Tank Guide and Tips! Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:40 pm

Lord_Trifect

Lord_Trifect

big green budz said counter stance and alerting shout was essential....

25Tank Guide and Tips! Empty Re: Tank Guide and Tips! Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:47 pm

Meatlocker

Meatlocker

O I guess I never noticed that, lol O thought I missed part of the conversation when I read your post lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum