LionHeart Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LionHeart Guild

Guild Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

On a serious note....

+6
Zelios
BallsMcgee
Mist
DoUrden
Xelia
Meatlocker
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1On a serious note.... Empty On a serious note.... Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:19 am

Meatlocker

Meatlocker

I got on tonight and found out that a Demi, geforce, ray and a few others have all left the guild Sad I was pretty upset because I have ran a lot of dungeons and souls with these ppl and have got to know them pretty well. They left because guild chat offended them, I hope that this will not happen again. it's great to have fun and tell jokes. But there have been a few times that ppl have talked to me about being offended. We are a strong guild but we can only stay strong if we keep members, and not only members but friends. I know that none of you on this forum right now did this but let's work together to make sure everyone in the guild is happy. Let's all make lionheart the best guild on the server!!! Smile

2On a serious note.... Empty Re: On a serious note.... Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:39 pm

Xelia

Hear Hear....

3On a serious note.... Empty Re: On a serious note.... Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:14 am

DoUrden

DoUrden

Agreed, I shocked as well, I particularly close to Demi, we still talk and dungeon together but he was offended by the guild chat. I'm not on very often and only know a hand full but I agree on calming it down a little.

http://ADTRgaming.enjin.com

4On a serious note.... Empty Re: On a serious note.... Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:32 pm

Mist

Mist

I guess when people decide to go separate ways, it's pretty difficult to force them
to turn back. I am also sad abt the loss of the LionHeart. But we will learn from
experience, make LH a better guild, right guys? Very Happy

5On a serious note.... Empty Re: On a serious note.... Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:54 pm

BallsMcgee

Does anybody know, specifically, what was said that caused them to leave? Generally saying that they were offended by things said in guildchat doesn't help people to change their behavior. If we could post the specifics then those in the guild "learn" from the experience and change their behavior so more people would not be offended and, as Myst said, make Lionheart a better guild.

6On a serious note.... Empty Re: On a serious note.... Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:58 pm

DoUrden

DoUrden

I can ask Demi what did, if you guys feel that's appropriate for the situation? I mean yeah we joke in chat, I personally don't take almost anything the wrong way or in a bad way, I'm very humourous but I can see what maybe caused it? Idk

7On a serious note.... Empty Re: On a serious note.... Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:04 pm

BallsMcgee

I know that I can get a little crazy in guild chat, joking with Nap about being Korean (even though he isn't) or talking about religion, politics, or other people's nationally. I think that makes the game fun but I never intend to offend anybody, however, like anybody else I cannot learn from my mistakes if I don't understand what those mistakes are. So IMO I think it would be a good thing to understand what offended them so much....

8On a serious note.... Empty Re: On a serious note.... Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:07 pm

Zelios

Zelios

Lol Ballz you made them all leave, you racist

9On a serious note.... Empty Re: On a serious note.... Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:13 pm

Xelia

Balls, you do go too far with your racist comments at times.
I know you think it's just jokes but they do offend some people in the guild.
Seriously, this is a game, most people just want to play the game and not talk politics.
Remember, this game is played by people all around the world, not just in America.
These people who are in the guild would not understand what you are talking about or get your sense of humor, thus get offended and put off staying in the guild.

Just play the game and keep to talking about how to make the guild better. Stop stirring everyone up just for fun.

10On a serious note.... Empty Re: On a serious note.... Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:22 pm

BallsMcgee

As I said before, I understand that some of the things that I say might offend some people and that is not my intent. But if two guildmates want to engage in a discussion about something, lets say politics or religion, should we not be able to talk about it. Somebody said Happy Easter to me earlier today, if that were offend me (which it doesn't) should everyone in the entire guild be barred from saying Happy Easter because I am an atheist?

As you said, Xelia, this is a game, so maybe people should get over the fact that somebody they don't know is saying something they do not agree with, or make a joke that they don't understand. If we follow your logic people would only be allowed to say LFG in guildchat. Isn't this guild supposed to be fun, made up of friends?

Last edited by BallsMcgee on Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

11On a serious note.... Empty Re: On a serious note.... Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:30 pm

DoUrden

DoUrden

Agreed ^^^ so let's work on not as much as often? But yes I would leave if it was all LFG I couldn't stand it xD

12On a serious note.... Empty Re: On a serious note.... Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:58 am

Jaffelock

Jaffelock

I think people can just be yourself in guild because this is actually an
international guild with ppl from all around the world include Americian, Asian etc.
We all have different background/favourites/concerns/bottomline so what makes lionheart a good guild?

We just need to respect each others, perhaps we don't need rules and we are free to talk
about every topic you want just to make sure we are making others feel comfortable in
guild because anyway it's just a game isn't it?

Lionheart is a good guild and I think we all respecting others except some exceptional
makes ppl feel bad and made them left.

We learned from this and I believe this will make us become more great in future.

13On a serious note.... Empty Re: On a serious note.... Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:27 am

Meatlocker

Meatlocker

I talked to Demi awhile ago and she said that it was pretty much elm that made her leave. I see all of your points of views and know where everyone is coming from. I love joking around and having fun, but I also don't want people leaving because of it. Demi also said that she was digusted with guild chat because of sexual talk for about 3 days in a row, I never noticed it but I'm not on all the time. So here's how I see it, if a new member leaves because of guild chat the o well. Obviously they weren't a good fit. But member that we have been with for a while should not leave. The two solutions I see are simple, solution 1: have fun, just don't be overly racist, offensive, or disgusting. Solution 2: if any of you are offended by guild chat, let the people taking part in the chat know that you are offended. This is the best guild I have ever been in and I want to see it grow and become what I know it can be, thank you all for your posts and input.

Love, Daddy/Meat

14On a serious note.... Empty Re: On a serious note.... Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:14 am

DoUrden

DoUrden

Lol when I first joined I almost left because if Elm... But you guys rock totally making me
Not care, I agree, let's not be fake...

15On a serious note.... Empty Re: On a serious note.... Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:48 am

Zelios

Zelios

Ballz maybe team up with the politically interested ones and discuss privately instead of guild chat?

16On a serious note.... Empty Re: On a serious note.... Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:44 am

Lord_Trifect

Lord_Trifect

Indeed

17On a serious note.... Empty Re: On a serious note.... Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:44 am

Tsa

Tsa

I know I'm a noob, but can't they block people they dont want to talk/read? I thought this feature worked in guild as well..."learning."

18On a serious note.... Empty Re: On a serious note.... Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:27 am

Zelios

Zelios

Yeah ignore would work but what's the point of being in a guild if you can't talk to the guildies? Lol

19On a serious note.... Empty Re: On a serious note.... Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:50 pm

GodsPredecess0r

GodsPredecess0r

Ignore works, and is helpful but i only had to use it on one person in this game, since the start, I dont have to use no more.

But what sucks is in order to use it they must be in your buddy list. Unless they changed it.

Good to see you joined the forums TSA.

20On a serious note.... Empty Re: On a serious note.... Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:44 am

DoUrden

DoUrden

I've only used once, this guy kept messagingbmenlike we were old friends? I agree though, try not to ignore guild mates xD

21On a serious note.... Empty Re: On a serious note.... Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:01 pm

GodsPredecess0r

GodsPredecess0r

lol Dourden, you should of went along with it, Be like yea remember that time we went sky diving, and made brownies.

22On a serious note.... Empty Re: On a serious note.... Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:26 pm

Zelios

Zelios

And ate space cake afro

23On a serious note.... Empty Re: On a serious note.... Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:48 pm

DoUrden

DoUrden

I was just kidding... Lol crap xD sorry guys hahahahahahahaha

24On a serious note.... Empty Re: On a serious note.... Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:16 am

Lord_Trifect

Lord_Trifect

I assume u all have noticed the decrease in our guilds members and are unsure of their departure from the guild yet we will look into this and find resolutions to solve this inappriote behavior....lol I mean obscene happenings.... I genrally don't run with Guildies in dungeon test stick with them for social things etc....I use the public for dungeons (apart from catelyn occasionally and others) and use my bf (best friend thank you very much) and other friends outside guild....I assume this is what the majority of u do sort from Tsa but yeah >_> lol jks u know let's try and do stuff....together mayb organize something c'mon

25On a serious note.... Empty Re: On a serious note.... Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:26 am

DoUrden

DoUrden

Agreed, I leave knowing there are 2,3 new members I find, and it seems that when I come back, 3-4 leave. Idk why...? And I really do hate it, it's like a pet peeve feeling of major fail I have. We need to be honest, and figure out why, and how to fix it

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum