LionHeart Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LionHeart Guild

Guild Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Meet my characters

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Meet my characters Empty Meet my characters Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:27 am

Meatlocker

Meatlocker

So I'm goin to tell about the specs that I'm using with my 4 characters, i know everyone is different so please feel free to post info about your characters

Meatlocker: lvl 60 mage 6/6 epic
With my Mage I run with a hybrid spec, up to flame storm in the fire tree. And up to permafrost in the frost tree. I find this spec to be very usefull in dungeons, it is not great for pvp. I use all crit gear so that I can spam barrage. There are a lot of mages that go for spell power but the way I see it is that mages are in groups to CC (crowd control) and barrage is one of the best spells for that.

Alop: lvl 60 warrior basic rune
With my warrior I run a hybrid spec as well, up to vortex blade in battle tree and up to guardian stance on guardian side, I use mostly defence gear but I sometime use offensive gear depending on the boss or mobs I'm fighting, I like being a hybrid because I have a lot of dps from the battle side but I can still hold aggro well because of my spells in guardian side

Alos: lvl 60 monk basic rune
On my monk I use an almost full divine spec, I am up to mantis strike on military side. I really don't have anything to say about my spec because divine monks are straight forward, I will say I like going for heal power gear over spell crit gear.

Jailbait: lvl 53 ranger
I recently respeced and I love my decision. I was an archer from lvl 1-50, at 50 I switched to full assassin. I like in your face battles and it seems to me that to play a sin takes more strategy and skill. Assassins stunlock is amazing and I love playin as an assassin, as for any tips, tricks or gear ideas i'll leave that up to mist to talk about because I am still new at this

I any of you have questions please feel free to ask, I know I didn't go to in depth about any of my characters but I can share more information If any of you are interested, I'd also like all you to post what specs and gear you use just so we can share ideas and thoughts.

2Meet my characters Empty Re: Meet my characters Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:39 pm

Zelios

Zelios

Are assassins any good in dungeon?

3Meet my characters Empty Re: Meet my characters Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:17 pm

Meatlocker

Meatlocker

I just ran GSN and I did pretty well. Great dps and good survivability. If you want more info id ask mist. She knows a lot more than I do haha

4Meet my characters Empty Re: Meet my characters Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:29 pm

Meatlocker

Meatlocker

Zelios wrote:Are assassins any good in dungeon?

Ok so I ran RKL a few times with my sin and I have and answer to your question. They answer is yes, they are good in dungeons, but it's very tricky. So I'll walk you through what I came up with for RKL:
Trash mobs: about the only thing you are going to do here is use blinding powder on the group and the try and protect Mage by stunning any mob the gets behind them

Wave mobs: I still have yet to really find something better then just picking them off one at a time and trying to protect Mage by stunning any followers, so that seems to be the best bet ( wave mobs will go a little bit slower with a sin, but since the exh has been changed its not a big deal)

Boss 1: make sure poison is on your weapons is the first key. Sins do a lot of dps so you should always have full vigor most of the fight because using all of your vigor will pull aggro, what I did was hit cut throat when ever it cooled down, and I spaced out my dagger stabs, With poison and cut throat you will be doing a lot of dps, that is why you need to space your attacks, when he spawns the 2 others keep attacking boss, if Mage miss crits or is taking to long, start attacking the clones then go back to boss

Boss 2: the bear is VERY easy with a sin, when he first comes out let tank take aggro for about 5 seconds, then use cut throat. The cut throat/ poison mix will do you main dps. Space out your dagger stabs and ss, because you will pull aggro if you don't. When bear grows pop blinding powder and then hit contract right away to cool down blinding powder, once blinding power wears off hit it again and bear is dead. Blinding powder while bear is big takes a lot of stress off of the healer!

Boss 3: same as bear fight but, they biggest thing in this fight is you have to know your place. Since you and the tank will be close to the boss, and the boss targets different group members all the time make sure you and tank are on opposite sides. I pulled aggro about 5 times from the tank and he didn't no to grab aggro because I was standing right next to him, so make sure you and the tank are always away from eachother

5Meet my characters Empty Re: Meet my characters Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:34 am

Zelios

Zelios

Thanks for the update meat afro

6Meet my characters Empty Re: Meet my characters Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:57 am

Lord_Trifect

Lord_Trifect

Sins for GSL are terrible I reccomend that once u hit the point where u even consider running the dungeon and are a ranger, don't go as sin, the guards have black magic as well as Alr-Rahjil and all sins will be useless, mags dies, tank is doin no dps and plus dps pulls boss and u have to know the glitch.....luckily I found one of them which led me to getting my shoulders that I have as of last week

7Meet my characters Empty Re: Meet my characters Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:00 pm

Lord_Trifect

Lord_Trifect

Archers are a lot better for dungeons, most ppl say, but sins in pvp rock against mages and monks, yet they'll b owned by a tank unless tank is shitty or u have excellent gear.....my snipe currently does 3400 once I get hidden cloak and my kee track killer chest, I'll get about 3700

8Meet my characters Empty Re: Meet my characters Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:11 pm

Meatlocker

Meatlocker

Guild in observers market (EU) has a video on YouTube of them killin last boss with no rune Rez or rune buffs, there was a sin in the group and they had no problems. I personally feel like sin have gotten a bad rap for dungeon groups. I think when dungeons first came out, most of he gankers tried to run rkl and failed so most ppl now see no use for them. And I admit I was one of those people. I, however, don't do pvp at all; I focus on dungeons. I feel like a can take an archers spot no problem, the only thing that archers have that I wish sins had are aoe spells. Archers can get a group down faster but with the new exh system why should a few seconds matter at all?

9Meet my characters Empty Re: Meet my characters Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:27 pm

Lord_Trifect

Lord_Trifect

ill probably go sin once my sin gear is all reinforced and i got no use for dungeons....or just make my mage decent

10Meet my characters Empty Re: Meet my characters Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:45 am

DoUrden

DoUrden

I started an archer, still dunno, I really like archers, the range shooting and fun pvp >Smile

http://ADTRgaming.enjin.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum